Susan is an Associate in our Dispute Resolution Group, with over 25 years litigation experience. Most recently Susan has specialised in property litigation and contentious planning matters on behalf of private individuals, SMEs and government departments.
Susan enjoys working collaboratively with clients to achieve their aims, recognising that litigation should be a last resort in relation to any dispute. To that end, Susan is experienced in all forms of alternative dispute resolution methods including negotiation and mediation.
Areas of work
- Disputes relating to commercial and residential property contracts including those concerning missives, leases and development agreements
- Agricultural tenancy disputes in terms of the Agricultural Holdings (Scotland) Acts 1991 and 2003
- Crofting matters including the resumption of croft land and disputed entries in the Crofting Register
- Applications for rectification of the Land Register for Scotland
- Applications for removal or variation of title conditions
- Compensation claims following the compulsory purchase of land
- Servitude disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Regulatory advice in terms of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982
Murray Beith Murray is a highly collaborative multi-disciplinary practice and Susan’s expertise enables us to provide a ‘joined-up’ service for a variety of legal issues across the firm, including contentious executries.