Rural property work has always been at the core of our business.
Our property and private client group work closely together to provide seamless advice to our rural clients, and we take particular pride in our ability to consider the totality of your affairs and to assist you in determining and pursuing your long-term objectives.
Whether you are a current or prospective landowner, farmer or conservationist, or using or seeking to use land for sporting activities, renewable energy schemes or other purposes, we will draw on our many years of experience to provide you with comprehensive, expert advice of the best quality. We have one of the most experienced rural property practices in Scotland and regularly advise on:
- Agricultural and rural property acquisitions and disposals, including farms, estates, forests and salmon fisheries
- Wealth management for landowners, including tax, financial and estate planning
- Rural land planning, development and management
- Land diversification
- Renewables projects, including wind, solar and hydro schemes
- Conservation and environmental issues
- Sporting rights and leases
- Servitudes, including in respect of forests and minerals
- Rural landlord and tenant matters including telecommunication masts
- Security Work
- Rural property disputes
- Compulsory purchase
We understand that all rural property matters represent an investment of time, money and effort, which is why we take pride in building long-lasting relationships with our clients to ensure we are ready to provide expert, commercially-minded advice and support when they are required. We will happily liaise with your land agents, accountants and other professionals, and you can be certain that we will make sure you are informed of the law and processes that apply to your circumstances, so that we can plan together for all contingencies and carry out your wishes in the most efficient manner possible.
Specialist Rural Property Lawyers, Edinburgh
We are trusted advisors with vast experience in rural property matters. Our highly personal service reflects our culture, which is centred on integrity, trust and expertise, and the guidance we provide has been designed to be an investment rather than an expense. For more information, please contact us today.
View our rural property group here.
Murray Beith Murray is pleased to sponsor the Iver Salvesen Award for Combatting Climate Change. To find out more about the awards please visit Scottish Land & Estates website.