At Murray Beith Murray, our success and first class client service is entirely due to our dedicated and talented staff, contributing at all levels within the business.
We pride ourselves on our recruitment and selection process, investing in our staff to meet the ever changing market demands.
Staff training and development ensure we provide the right environment to help you grow.
It is our objective to recruit, train, develop and retain staff of the highest calibre. We strive at all times to be an equal opportunities employer and to ensure two-way communication is encouraged and practised.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities for solicitors across legal specialisms, such as Commercial, Rural, and Residential Property, Private Client, Personal Tax, Succession and Estate Planning, Trust Administration and Financial Management. We also have a range of support staff, including Paralegals, Legal Secretaries, Administrators, Receptionists, Finance, Marketing, Facilities and IT roles.
We offer a comprehensive rewards and benefits package, with a commitment to supporting your career development.
Murray Beith Murray is one of Scotland’s leading private client law firms. For over 160 years we have specialised in meeting the legal, financial and administrative needs of individuals and families, trusts, charities and private companies.
We now have a vacancy for an experienced Paralegal to work within our Residential group.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- The provision of a comprehensive, quality service to clients of the firm in all aspects of Conveyancing, including sales and purchases.
- Managing a busy, diverse caseload.
- Ordering searches, property enquiry certificates, preparing registration forms etc.
- Examining and noting titles.
- Taking instructions on and dealing with missives.
- Regular reporting to clients by telephone, email and general correspondence
- Generating satisfactory levels of fee income in accordance with budget, time targets and regulatory controls and system practices of the firm.
- Adhere to the Financial policies and practices regarding time recording and feeing.
- Recording all time and fee promptly during and moving towards completion of transactions.
- Maintaining accurate records and databases
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous Paralegal experience
- Excellent IT skills using Word and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build professional relationships with clients
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral
An excellent reward package is available for the right candidate.