We now have a vacancy for a Trust Accountant to join our Accounts Team. This role is full-time (35 hours, Monday – Friday).
- Be responsible for a portfolio of personal and trust accounts to be prepared on an annual basis;
- Be responsible for cash management for both personal clients and trusts, in conjunction with the firm’s cashroom;
- Carry out administration duties on behalf of personal clients and trusts, and provide assistance to the firm’s solicitors and other colleagues where necessary (e.g. payments and handling clients’ paperwork);
- Maintain accounting and filing records and keep them up to date.
This list is not exhaustive and is designed to give an overview of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience:-
- Experience in a similar role in a legal firm or an accountancy practice
- SOLAS qualification or equivalent is desirable though not essential
- Excellent IT skills, willingness to embrace new technology
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Accurate data entry and strong attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills
- Good communication skills - ability to build relationships with staff at all levels